Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Lord is our strength.

As I have been packing and thinking about leaving tomorrow, I am amazed at how much God is already teaching me (and all of us) before we even get to Haiti! I have been realizing how much I look past all of the blessings God gives me each day.  The simple fact of having clean water is a blessing!  I was reading in Habakkuk last night and was encouraged by these verses (Habakkuk 3:17-19): "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights."  At times preparing for this trip, I have felt nervous and unsure of what to expect. I am ashamed to say I have been hesitant to leave my place of comfort to go to a place I will probably feel uncomfortable. But I know without a doubt that God has called each one of us on the team to go on this trip.  I am choosing to put aside my hesitations and trust the "sovereign LORD is my strength". Like Habakkuk, I want to learn to rejoice in the Lord no matter what the circumstance. Even as I am writing this, I received a message from a friend saying she will be praying for me.  If God is for us, who can be against us? In my weakness, He will be strong. So thank you for all who are praying for us. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment